> 1. Unreal Tournament > 2. Upaint
> 3. Unreal Editor : SPACES and LIGHTS > 4.
Unreal Editor : TEXTURES
4. Unreal Editor ... editing the level ... second
step : own TEXTURES
Doubleclick Photoshop or start the program
from the Start menu:
- open a picture
- the following must be done:
- make the dimensions of the image 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024
(i.e. 256x256, or 64x1024)
- set the colors to indexed colors (Menu: Image > Mode > Indexed
- save the file as a pcx file
Doubleclick UnrealEd or start the program from
the Start menu:
- open your level
- open the texture browser
- select import from the file menu in the texture browser
- in the dialog set the package name to your group name
- group can be left empty
- select Generate MipMaps
- save the package before playing
- follow the steps in this
(click here) tutorial to align your textures.
3. Unreal Editor ... editing the level ... first step : SPACES and LIGHTS
Doubleclick UnrealEd or start the program from the Start menu:
- Open (Menu: File > Open ...) the prepared level called
- follow the steps in this
(click here) tutorial to add rooms and lights.
2. Upaint ... to create new "costumes" for the players
Doubleclick Upaint (in the Hemisphere folder) or start the
program from the Start menu:
- Open a prefabricated player (click on the folder icon in
the upper left corner or use ctrl-O)
- In the working area three windows are opening: the textures for the head,
the texture for the body and the 3D view of the player. Painting is possible
in each of the windows.
- The 3D view can be rotated with the left mouse button, zoomed with the right
mouse button and panned with both mouse buttons.
- Read the Help. It is very short and gives a good overview
of the possibilities.
- Around the three main windows you find different tools. Try them out.
- Save as ... (don't use the normal save, that will overwrite
the original character)
- first time: File > Add character into Unreal
afterwards: File > Update character into Unreal
1. Unreal Tournament
- Install patch 2225.
- Get dm_00_medieval.ut2 and put it into the maps folder of Unreal Tournament.
- Get 00_medieval_textures.utx an put it into the textures folder of Unreal
- Put UPaintSkins.upl into the system folder of Unreal Tournament.
- Put UPaintSkins.utx into the textures folder of Unreal Tournament.
Doubleclick UT2003 or start the game from the Start menu:
- Go to "Instant Action"
- Choose dm_00_mediaval
- Mark "Use Costum Bots"
- Go to "Bot Config" and select only the white
- Select "PLAY" and face the fights. You cannot
be shot on the platforms in the level, but you can be pushed of the platform
and shot then.
Select "SPECTATE" and observe the fights among
the bots. You can switch from one to the next by hitting the fire button (right